Sunday, November 8, 2009

November is National Alzheimer's Disease Awareness Month

Like the subject of this post says, this month is National Alzheimer's Disease Awareness month.

Just by coincidence, I happen to be writing a series of articles about natural remedies for Alzheimer's disease. The first article, published 3 days ago, is about a compound in olive oil called oleocanthal that may prevent (and perhaps even treat) this common form of dementia. Current research results look promising.

I am now working on another piece regarding ginkgo. Research for this one has been a bit tedious. Results of its efficacy against Alzheimer's seemed very mixed, with a disappointing number of papers concluding that it is not useful. Only a few minutes ago did I realize that 1...2...3...4 of the negative studies that I read were all the same study, but several different academic journals reported it! I'm very glad I am spending the extra time looking through the research. After culling out all of the repeats, what I am left with is one very large, very well organized government-sponsored study that demonstrates no effectiveness for ginkgo and several small studies that show more promising, positive results.

I'm wrapping up the piece now and hope to have it up before I retire for the night. I must have spent 6 hours on this article altogether. What a job!

1 comment:

  1. My health was horrible before I decided to try the Protocol Of taking Dr. Okojie pure herbal mixture. I felt there was no hope for my health and I was to try the Protocol, thinking it wouldn’t work because I have visited so many hospital but same result. However, I was convinced by a Instagram friend to try the herbal medicine because I wanted to get rid of Herpes virus. The herbal mixture that was given to me was really quick and easy to take, within 2 week I was fully cured from Herpes. The herbal medicine really work and I will like to share this great doctor contact with you all email him drokojie2@gmail.com or WhatsApp +2349078751746 you won't regret it, I promise.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails